Ottawa Village Council meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 8:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building, 136 N. Oak Street, Ottawa, Ohio.
All legislative authority set forth in the Charter, which was adopted by a vote of the electorate on November 2, 1999, together with all authority otherwise conferred by the Constitution and the general laws of the State of Ohio shall be vested in Council. In addition to those powers granted by the Constitution of Ohio and the general laws of the State of Ohio, such powers shall include but are not limited to:
- Originate, introduce and pass motions, resolutions and ordinances.
- Determine the compensation of all officials, officers and employees.
- Require and fix the amount of bonds for officials and employees for faithful performance of duties.
- Adopt an annual appropriation ordinance by the date prescribed by the general laws.
- Authorize audits of any or all of the departments or offices of the Village.
- Conduct investigations of any municipal matter or office, subpoena witnesses, administer oaths, take testimony, and compel the production of evidence.